We are very excited to announce that we are now hiring a new Curatorial Assistant! Please read below for the full job description.
Geauga County Historical Society (GCHS) is searching for a Curatorial Assistant to work with our Curator and Educational Director in completing and updating our Collections database in PastPerfect Museum Software. GCHS is a medium-sized historical village representing 200 years of history with 22 historic buildings and over 15,000 artifacts. This position is a part time position at 20hrs/week. The position is currently a one-year term, with the possibility of extension. Salary is set at $15,000/yr.
1) Collections Management knowledge
2) Good organizational skills
3) Good verbal skills
4) Good time management skills
5) Ability to work independently
6) Previous experience in PastPerfect Museum Software
7) Bachelors Degree in history, museum studies, or a related field required
1) Manages the Collections portion of the PastPerfect Museum Software database to catalogue all GCHS collections.
2) Maintains positive working relations with Collections Volunteers to seek their expertise, when required, when working in specific collections within the department.
3) Makes conservation recommendations to the Curator when needed.
4) Carries out and implements all exhibits and house displays as directed by the Curator with the help of the Collections Volunteers.
5) Updates the Collections Manual as needed.
6) Works to create a Collections/PastPerfect Training Guide to be used by all staff and volunteers.
7) Works to complete a proper Collections Acquisitions Numbering System.
8) Acts as the liaison between Collections Volunteers and the Curator.
9) Demonstrates continuous effort to improve Collections operations and streamline work processes, all in conjunction with the mission, vision, and plans set forth by GCHS.
10) Works cooperatively with all staff members.
11) Performs such other duties appropriate to the position as may be determined by the Curator.
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and be received no later than July 15, 2011.