Geauga County Historical Society, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, operates Century Village Museum in Burton, Ohio, a 65-acre living history museum, and is seeking a Museum Store Manager. Qualified applicant will have 3 years minimum retail management experience. Responsibilities include among other things developing & implementing merchandising plan, budgeting, inventory control, using Quickbooks Point-of-Sale system, managing retail sales associates & volunteers, coordinating with main office, managing on-line sales. Weekend work required. This is a part-time seasonal position. Send Resume and salary requirements by April 27 to Geauga County Historical Society, PO Box 153, Burton, OH 44021(attention Curator) or email to Curator@geaugahistorical.org. Visit us at www.centuryvillagemuseum.org.
1) Formulate a retail operations budget.
2) With Bookkeeper, establish accounting procedures and maintain accurate records.
3) Develop merchandising plan to include product selection, store layout plan, effective visual displays, includes merchandising for maximum impact.
4) Manage inventory.
5) Explore product sources.
6) Recruit, select and train retail Sales Associates.
7) Manage volunteers to work in store.
8) Coordinate with Marketing Director to promote the retail operations.
9) Maintain positive customer relations through superior customer service.
10) Manage the on-line store.
11) Manage gift basket marketing and sales.
12) Attend staff meetings and other meetings, if required.
13) Perform other tasks as needed for a successful retail operation including self-study of available literature.